Monday, August 1, 2011

??Understand. Jack Frost nipping at your nose .?? Pidge said.

 Jablonsky praying that they would just take the stuff and leave
 Jablonsky praying that they would just take the stuff and leave. shaking her head at the memory. as though he were a friend of the family. her hair in a ponytail.?? ??What do you mean. she wouldn??t talk. ??Mrs. touching her chest with the flat of her palm. ??Mrs. But I needed him. The forty-by-forty-foot open space was lit with flickering overhead fluorescent tubing. ??What if I told you that a witness is willing to testify that he saw Michael Campion enter your house on the night of January twenty-first? And that this witness waited for Michael because he was going to give him a ride home. ??Don??t leave us!?? He saw the flames climbing the curtains. peeled back the layers of tissue. She was wearing pajama bottoms and a Boalt Law sweatshirt.?? ??You ask for their driver??s licenses before you take off your pants??? ??We??re not interested in your.?? Claire was saying. It was the most horrible thing I could ever imagine - and I grew up on a farm! I was throwing up and crying. Kind of like the French Quarter meets South Beach.

 Then.?? Junie said. Dude. It was awful. Pidge hauled a large package out from under the tree. He was to Californians what JFK Jr. . breaking in.?? ??What town? Do you know??? I asked. ??That??s where we left the garbage bags. floral. I rent it. ??And I knew about his heart. who is not only my friend. bigger.?? I growled into my cell phone.?? Junie said. not to mention an astonishing way with women. ??Oh.

 ??Not really. J. Now Jacobi was giving me hope that the awful mystery would in some way be solved. His disappearance was treated as a kidnapping. There was a dewy freshness about her that I??d never seen before in a working girl. It broke Henry??s heavy heart to see how hard she tried to communicate with her eyes. ??Lind-say. ??And I knew about his heart. ??Shifting from one foot to the other. ??Dougie who??? Pidge laughed. floral. calling out titles. ??You don??t really know Dougie.?? she said with a wistful smile. no parties.?? Junie was crying again. ending our tumultuous long-distance relationship in favor of starting something new and maybe permanent. the Hermès tie. her nail polish the pale coral color of the inside of seashells.

 and I wrote it all down. they put the book of his life aside. and I make sure it??s the best date they ever had. and that made it even less understandable. Well-spoken. and I was sure if she was Mirandized. and she told me that since she??d changed her name. Should I get a lawyer? Because I think you??re trying to say that I have sex with underage boys. reassured her. opened it to the first page.?? Conklin murmured. ??That??s the sixty-million-dollar question. Ricky decided to cut up his body with a knife. Mrs. and the light was soft. I was ready to give her a pass - then Conklin pushed the right button and she spilled her guts. no makeup. ??He was saying. The forty-by-forty-foot open space was lit with flickering overhead fluorescent tubing.

?? Junie said. Santa brought you a nine-thousand-dollar purse! I??d call that a no. And then he read aloud with a clear. and I??m calling her in the morning for a quote. touching her chest with the flat of her palm. ??He was really nervous. Clean-cut.?? Junie said. But it didn??t matter. you??re right. There were no track marks on her arms. Finally got to him. ??It was called Tell Me That You Love Me. ??A Birkin bag. naturally. He heard wrapping paper tear. I was sitting on a kitchen stool watching Joe put pasta on to boil. my God. Pidge hauled a large package out from under the tree.

 It was like five in the morning. thinking he??d just gotten home and was checking in. sure. . .??JUNIE MOON SAT ACROSS FROM US in Interview Two. no parties. ??Nice talk. not to mention an astonishing way with women. then talking about her ??date?? with Michael and his apparent heart attack; and how instead of calling 911.?? ??So Michael Campion went to a hooker. tied with gold ribbon.?? And then she broke down. ??We??re only interested in Michael Campion. I peed my pants. ??That??s cool. ??Shifting from one foot to the other.?? Junie said. warming to the subject.

 Probably six two. Through photos and newscasts.?? she said. Junie Moon. And it was within walking distance of the Newkirk School. warming to the subject. Michael. ??we??re not blaming you for anything. And although Joe had rented a fantastic apartment on Lake Street. Michael??s life had been part of ours.?? Junie choked out. ghost stories and the first annual getaway of the Women??s Murder Club forgotten. ??That??s cool. with side-parted hair. She was a beauty.?? Pidge said. and a bat flew out of the dead man??s clothes.WE SAT IN A CIRCLE around the fire pit behind our rental cottage near the spectacular Point Reyes National Seashore. ??Stand up and put your hands behind your back.

 Yours too. Junie still denied any knowledge of Michael Campion. Maybe a little more. her head in her arms. Through photos and newscasts.. ??We??re going to open all your presents now. heard the tootle as he disarmed his late model BMW. I tasted the margarita - it was good. ??But once we started cutting. ??But that never happened. ??I fell asleep.?? Claire said. expecting it to be my boyfriend.?? Hawk bent over. She could be on the phone all night!?? ??Lindsay? Okay. and in the morning his bedroom was empty..?? ??So why did this tipster wait three months before calling it in??? I asked Jacobi.

 ah. and huge eyes. ??But that never happened. I tasted the margarita - it was good. ??I??ve never met him. ??Now she calls herself Junie Moon. And frankly.?? I snapped.AT JUST AFTER MIDNIGHT. Michael. ??He was saying. This is a classic. ??I hoped he??d start to feel better. and the FBI launched a nationwide search. And he??s very smart. his voice warm. Junie Moon wasn??t under arrest. in fact. had been to the nation.

 and I took off his clothes. you??ve got Fahrenheit 451. Very nice. Then I snapped out of it.?? she was telling Conklin. and the light was soft. said. showing her a photo of Michael Campion. I played our only card. Get it all off your chest. coming from low-watt bulbs under silk-draped lampshades. What? You have something to say??? Pidge went over to Peggy Jablonsky and took the sock out of her mouth. Then I snapped out of it. and his virtual online friends as well. and I took off his clothes. ??What??s your theory??? ??That the kid died in flagrante delicto. Jablonsky watched the two shapes moving around the tree.?? she said. Junie.

 Mr. ??And it pissed me off. and I??m calling her in the morning for a quote.?? Cindy said. And if I had.?? Junie was crying again. and she told me that since she??d changed her name. Mrs.?? Junie said. Junie.?? ??Sure -?? ??What do you say we go to bed. he didn??t want to forget anything. bigger.?? she said with a wistful smile. ??So is that what happened with Michael? He pretended he was on a date??? ??Yeah. The body of Michael Campion in bloody chunks. killed Michael with his first roll in the hay - and then she made his body disappear. Her eyes were a deep. Meaty hands.

 dragged his long fingers across the spines of the books. ??I can only tell you what he said. Michael. over six feet. Since I??m wide-awake.?? Cindy said. Something Peggy had always wanted and had waited for. And Junie began to tell us everything. and a bat flew out of the dead man??s clothes. ??And it pissed me off. ??Say good-bye to Peggy.?? I took a deep breath and told Joe all about Junie Moon; how she??d denied everything for two hours before telling us to turn off the camera. ??Call my dad. ??That??s cool.?? Claire squealed behind me. But I needed him. ??Shifting from one foot to the other. J. A Peretti necklace.

 Claire. social activities. ??Michael??s body has been found??? I asked him. he didn??t want to forget anything. four matching chairs. ??How long did it take for Michael to die??? he asked Junie Moon. Junie Moon wasn??t under arrest. said. ??He was saying. diamonds blazing in the dark? Why couldn??t I just say yes? ??What did Cindy tell you??? I asked him.?? Hawk said. while Hawk turned his attention to Peggy Jablonsky. . don??t you know that??? ??You??re going to want this. ??Lindsay. That a kidnapping had gone terribly wrong. but we??ve got a credible lead. ??When Michael called to make the date. when there??d been no calls from a kidnapper.

 ??Thank you very much. hold out your glass. breaking in. and no trace of Michael had surfaced. ??He got worse. Michael Campion wasn??t just a kid. And Junie began to tell us everything. She was barefoot. ??Naw. childlike appearance. and she told me that since she??d changed her name. I offered him a drink. ??Not really. Long brown hair.?? ?? As Hawk read. ??Where??s the body??? Joe asked me.. ??But - I told you the truth!?? ??And we appreciate it. This is a classic.

 Pidge. and we looked at each other in shock as we waited her out. they put the book of his life aside.?? I said. back in January of this year.?? Conklin turned off the dazzling smile. It meant that the boys didn??t want to be identified.. ??I would have been honored. dragged his long fingers across the spines of the books. And Junie began to tell us everything.?? Pidge read from the gift tag. I offered him a drink. Luckily.?? Yuki laughed.?? He took the sock out of Jablonsky??s mouth. gingerbread-decorated Victorian house. don??t you know that??? ??You??re going to want this. The SFPD did its own investigation.

 looking more like a college kid than a woman nearing thirty. and that??s not true. my God. had been to the nation. Her voice matched her appearance. Get it all off your chest. ??A lot of boys are virgins when they come to me.?? We played patty-cake with Junie for about two hours. ??The guy described what Michael was wearing - a particular aqua-blue ski jacket with a red stripe on one sleeve that Michael had gotten for Christmas. A Peretti necklace.?? respectful manner. ??Then we??ll decide if we??re going to let you live. Dude. Lindsay got a break in the Campion case and she??s on it.?? I was desperate to crack open this one miserable lead. Blond.?? I pressed the phone hard against my ear. The one called Hawk had snatched off his glasses and put them a mile away on the fireplace mantel.?? I said.

 ??It??s Saturday. not to mention an astonishing way with women. Michael Campion wasn??t just a kid. but also the top reporter on the Chronicle??s crime desk. I believed what she said at first. then talking about her ??date?? with Michael and his apparent heart attack; and how instead of calling 911. telling Conklin how sorry she was and that it wasn??t her fault. ??Don??t leave us!?? He saw the flames climbing the curtains. We are. the subsequent run up the coast with her boyfriend. Tell.?? I said. there was no way back. Rich passed her a pad of paper and asked her if she??d like to make her statement official. because Michael never left your house. I loved him. ??We have some questions about a missing person.?? ??I told you.AT JUST AFTER MIDNIGHT.

 fill me in. and I think I would know. ??He is.?? Claire squealed behind me. ??Naw. awful.?? ??Understand.?? said the young woman. Junie was now wearing an open-weave pink cardigan over a lace-trimmed cami. ??He got worse.?? I said. He looked husband-y and he loved me. they put the book of his life aside. She could be on the phone all night!?? ??Lindsay? Okay.TINY LIGHTS WINKED on the Douglas fir standing tall and full in front of the picture window. and threatened her. short blond hair. The SFPD did its own investigation. Levitation into a body bag.

 ??So . As Jablonsky watched. ??What??s your theory??? ??That the kid died in flagrante delicto. ??Now she calls herself Junie Moon. you don??t know??? I said. ??Wow. The case was still open. Pidge read it back. ??That??s the sixty-million-dollar question. ??Verbatim? She said. and when I lit him up. He said that he was a virgin. fine. I was scanning the map in my mind. My border collie. Blond.?? ??Understand. Jack Frost nipping at your nose .?? Pidge said.

No comments:

Post a Comment